Picturing BluScray is an open-entry Photography Prize based on the theme ‘Blue’.
It encourages photography enthusiasts to interpret the colour blue, capturing something about the character and personality of the place and people of Footscray.
Victoria University and blue have gone together for a long time. It is currently the University’s brand colour and the University’s predecessors all had blue as part of their identity. The dark sky-blue colour carries associations of hopes, aspiration and the future. Blue has a number of different meanings. What does it mean to you?
- Entries open: Friday 6 May
- Entries close: Friday 17 June
- Judged by Simon O’Dwyer, photographer for The Age
- First prize: $1000
- Second prize: value of $500
- Third prize: value of $200
- People choice award: value of $300